Google introduced new design guidelines for android application and others which is called Material Design with the release of android lollipop 5.0 and also introduced the Android Design Support Library for android developers. With this library, we can easily implement lots of component in our android application. This library includes Floating Action Button (FAB), Navigation View, Floating Labels for EditText, Snackbar, Tabs, etc. Here, you will learn to use these components in android apps using design support library.
Adding Android Design Support Library Dependencies
Let’s start by adding design and appcompat support dependencies in android project build.gradle file. After adding support library dependencies build.gradle file looks like this.
Android Material Design Tutorial with Design Support Library
Following are the android material design tutorials using design support library. Practice them one by one.
6. Android CardView Example
7. Animated Android Toolbar With Appbar Background Image
8. Adding Floating Action Button (FAB) Between Two Widgets or Layouts
9. Animated Android Toolbar (Expanding and Collapsing)
10. How to Hide Toolbar/AppBarLayout When Content Scroll
11. Android Material Design Tabs Using TabLayout
12. DrawerLayout/ Navigation Drawer View Over Android ActionBar/ToolBar
13. Adding Ripple Effect/Animation on Android Image View
14. Dashboard UI Design for Android App
15. Android Material Design Login Form XML UI Design
16. How to Implement Ripple Effect in Android